Just a break down of the Forest Ambush painting.
1. Start off black & white and block down shapes.
2. Using the overlay layer, I put down some colors to kinda get the mood of the scene.
3. With a normal layer on top of everything, I start color picking whats already on my canvas and start painting in details and try to figure out where I would like my lights to come from.
4. Start painting in more elements to bring more character and depth to the painting. Also I fixed the guy's head, need some help with Dr. Lasso tool.
5. I use another over layer to brighten some part of the image up. I try to have a bit more contrast with the lights and darks.
6. Now I add in the fun stuff like leaves, trees, and debris. (Hey that rhymes!)
7. Here I put in the final details with normal layers, overlay layers, anything that will bring the quality up of the image.
8. I do a final color balance and levels adjustment to get the color I want, and then add the logo on the corner.
Follow me on Facebook![link]